Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 3 in France

I figured now would be a good time as any to start writing about my adventures in Paris. I've been neglecting my poor blog ever since I arrived in Paris 3 weeks ago.

It's been a world wind of experiences since I arrived here. It was a rough start the day I landed into Paris. My flight was delayed due to the snow storm that was passing through Europe. I was changed to 3 airlines just to make sure I would arrive in time for my program. I lost my phone in the taxi that dropped me off in front of my home-stay and I had no idea how to communicate to anyone at all.

But since then, things have definitely gotten a lot better. I met some great people in my program, been traveling throughout Paris a lot, mastered the metro, and been visiting conversation exchange events every week!

I've been to Chartres and Versailles, saw the Notre Dame church, and have been to the Louvre.



These are the gates to the royal apartments in Versailles
This is one of the hallways inside the apartments. Can you believe that they painted the ceilings like that?
Overall, I've been pretty busy getting to know Paris and it's history.

I'll do my best to update on all the things that I've experienced and learned in this amazing adventure of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment